Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

16 Oct 2012

Tuesday, 22 February 2005

Pak Nien Hoe Hup

Pak Nien Hoe Hup literally translated means still being together after 100 years. This is a very popular dessert served at Chinese wedding banquet. I made this during Chinese New Year as this sounded kinda like a prosperity dish hehehe...

Anyway, this is one of the simplest tong sui (sweet soup in Cantonese) as it contained 3 ingredients - dried longan, dried lily bulb and dried lotus seeds. Simply boil all of them in a pot of water until the dried lotus seeds turned soft. Alternatively, you can steam the lotus seeds first before adding to the soup. Well, I was lazy, hence, I dunk everything into the pot. Add in rock sugar to taste. You can serve it either hot or chilled. We liked both versions!

No comments: