Thursday 30 June 2005

Braised Ribs With Bean Curd Strips In Teriyaki Sauce

**Non-Halal Post**

I've bought a bottle of teriyaki sauce and when I took a taste, it doesn't taste like one... got loads of ginger taste in this one, gosh and its really sweet too. So what should I do with it.

So I went and buy those type of ribs for braising, ask your butcher which part ok. I'm using these bean curd strips as well. They came fried and can be stored in the freezer for a couple of weeks.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Fry the ribs in some oil till lightly browned. Add in a few cloves of smashed garlic. Stir in the bean curds. Next add in the teriyaki sauce to taste and some water to cover the ribs. Let it boil and add salt according to taste. Braised for about 45 minutes or until the ribs became tender.

Dish up and serve hot with white rice.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It doesn't really tasted like teriyaki... kinda sweet and slightly tangy. Weird but it's a whole new taste. Finally getting out of my one sauce for all dishes - oyster sauce that is!

Be forwarned that this dish is high in fat and sodium, so one may want to simultaneously look for information on individual health insurance while reaching for the antacids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012