Wednesday 31 May 2006

Happy Duan Wu Jie

Today is the 5th day in the 5th month in the Chinese Lunar calendar which means it's Duan Wu Jie or more popularily known as Dumpling Festival or Dragon Boat Festival. I would like to wish everyone a very Happy Duan Wu Jie!

No dumplings post since I only had my first one yesterday morning. Am sure by now a lot of people would have blogged about it. Otherwise check out my previous posts here, here and here about these dumplings. For step-by-step instructions on how to wrap the dumplings, check out Boo_licious post on how her aunt make them.

Try not to over stuff yourself with these dumplings ok else you'll feel bloated up. I saw an article recently that the seller recommended to drink soda drinks before eating them to avoid that bloating up feeling. Try and tell me if it really worked for you.

Technorati Tags: + + +

5 comments:

  1. I remember that, we I was still working, my big bosses wife will always make dumplings for the whole office. And she will always make halal version too. So now of us will be left out. And that is yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. faster go get some dragon city

    such generous boss you have there flower. jusco have halal ones these days and KG brand have frozen ones too. tasted not too bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to eat a lot of those bak chang from Carrefour last time when I was pregnant with my first one. I think 2 times a week. Do know why, but I just loved it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha funny cravings you got there flower. what's gonna happen when you have cravings in perth? :p

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012