Wednesday 30 August 2006

Merdeka Open House 2006: Lemongrass Honey Tea

When I went thru the list of dishes submitted for the Merdeka Open House last night, I noticed there isn't any drinks in the menu kakaka... Poor guests! Luckily I have something Malaysian in my fridge, guess what? It's lemongrass!!! Usually we used it in curries and dishes but hey did you know that it can be turned into a refreshing drink too? Here's how...

Lemongrass Honey Tea

Ingredients:
6 stalks lemongrass, cut lengthwise
4 cups water
2 teabags
8 tbsp honey

Add lemongrass to the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on slow fire for about 10 minutes. Turn off the fire. Add teabags and allow to brew for about 2 minutes.

If it tastes too weak, continue to steeping, if it tastes too strong, add more hot water. You may also add another teabag if you prefer a stronger brew.

Add honey to the tea. Garnish with lemongrass stalk and serve cold with ice cubes. In the picture, I've a cup of hot one as well.

lemongrass honey tea

Technorati Tags: +

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012