Friday 17 November 2006

Coconut Tart

coconut tart01

I had some leftover sweet shortcrust pastry from the Apple Crumble recipe, enough for a small tart base. So what to do with it??? I surfed a bit and got myself an idea to make a coconut tart with whatever I have in my larder. The coconut filling seems enough for a small 6" tart. Hubby likes this a lot as the coconut aroma is fantastic but I might want to try this using freshly grated young coconut next time to get a moist coconut filling. I'm wondering if I need to dry up the grated coconut a little first before using... anyone?

COCONUT TART

Filling

1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cup dessicated coconut

Roll out pastry into a tart tin. Brush in some strawberry jam on the base. Mix together all the ingredients for the filling. Pour filling into the pastry. Bake till golden brown.

coconut tart02

Technorati Tags:

10 comments:

  1. I adore coconuts! Sounds like very easy to do. But I too wonder if using fresh coconuts will have all the santan flowing out? When you experimented with it, share again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. got to consult my rohani jelani cookbook, I know she has a coconut tart recipe in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...looks yummiee...
    and minimal ingredients!!i like..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to get them at stalls that sell egg tarts~ The recipe is easy~ It looked yummy especially the top part. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. will try, lilian and let you know

    thanks for the trouble, boo_licious

    fashionasia, it's the minimal ingredients that i liked too!

    same here cookies_cream. i never knew it was this easy. actually can omit the jam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha lisa, craving a piece of home eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha you found me out :P INDEED!!!
    hey did you have a lemang post with that fab pics on your flickr? which post is that so I can trackback with mine? Dank je!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Checked the book and she uses freshly grated coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry lisa, i did not blog about the lemang. just posted the pic only on flickr

    thanks a lot boo_licious

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012