New Chicken Varuval
1 chicken, deboned and cut into small chunks
4 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
10 dried chillies (cut into pieces)
10 shallots (shredded)
2 pc cinnamon stick
4 pc cardamoms
2 pc star anise
black pepper and salt
oil for frying
1. Clean the chicken and cut into small cubes. Add ginger-garlic paste, curry powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Fry the chicken till golden brown and set aside.
3. In another wok, add a little oil. Sauté the onion, spices and dried chilli until onion turns light brown.
4. Add the chicken and stir well. Add black pepper and salt, if needed.
5. Best eaten with rice or as evening snacks with chilli sauce.
Technorati Tags: poultry + malaysian food