Monday 23 July 2007

Babe in the City - KL is THREE!!!!

As of today, I've been blogging officially for THREE (3) years!!!!

3rd Blog BD

Gee, it just seems like yesterday! Looking back in the early days, I was kinda lonely since there isn't many local food related blog except for Friedchillies forum where I found some makan kakis there. It's funny how things turn out... one of the foodster, Adly, became a true makan kaki and another one, Wai Meng, turned out to be hubby's dharma centre's member. Who could anticipated this? I met Wai Meng at BCAF07 and we managed to chatted up a bit reminising how things have turned out. Things do worked strangely.

Three years after, thank goodness the scenario had changed. There are many local floggers, forums and food portals now, in fact so many that I find it hard to keep up with everyone's postings. Many a time, I resort to reading my feeds but leave no comments. Sorry about that but seriously I have a long list in my feed kekeke... Lots of addiction there!

I was browsing through some of my very old postings, omigosh, those of you whom have praised me for the delish looking photos should have taken a looked at my old postings! Goshhhh... looked how ugly those pics were hahahaha... Lucky thing things turn out pretty ok now with lots of practice.

I've gone thru three change of clothings with the current strawberries one being the latest. I still can't get a couple of the links working. Tried every darn thing but it still won't budge, will try again later. There will be some tweakings here and there so please bear with me. I can't get Haloscan to work along side with Blogger's comments, so in the mean time, Blogger's comment it is. I've allowed people to post as Anonymous but I'm thinking of withdrawing that since I would love to see who is commenting. BTW, I did not come out with the template on my own, I just copied and paste from Finalsense. So full credits should go to Finalsense. Do give them a visit if you want a change of template.

Wishing more good things to come, happy 3rd anniversary, dear blog!

p.s.: The cake shown above is Donna Hay's Apple and Cinnamon Tea Cake. Will post the recipe in a separate post.

Technorati Tags:

19 comments:

  1. Happy 3rd Birthday to Babe In The City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Babe in the City!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 3rd Birthday and such a lovely cake to celebrate with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 3rd Birthday.....may there be many more! Nice cake you baked, yumyum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to bake in da city-kl!!!!!!!!! i have always enjoy reading your blog, keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi all, thanks for all your kind words and greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy blog-anniversary babe jie...

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks bee nee and Will. Happy Birthday to you Will!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 3rd Blogiversary, and many more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday !!!, stay long and forever...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well.. Congrats.. is in order.. for sure..!! 3 yrs.. and having so many fans.. and followings..!! Good job.. Babe..!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy b-day...I admire your dedication! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's how long I have been feasting here too. Happy B'day and thank you too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks Chen & God of Food (wow *kow tow* hahaha)

    just like yours too Mama Bok. thanks for your wishes

    you too bee yinn ;-) thanks

    WOW!!! kim, you're not kidding me are you? thanks for your support and loyalty :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. hope my wishes are not too late :). Happy Birthday and keep posting wonderful yumz!

    ReplyDelete
  17. better later than never sc. thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Belated Anniversary! I hope to be as dedicated and inspiring as you have been!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks paprika. not to worry, with us around, you won't neglect your blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012