Wednesday 15 August 2007

Review: Noodles at Fatty Sang Restaurant

**Non-Halal**

Remember my dai chau (stir-fry place) gastronomical fare at Fatty Sang Restaurant? Did you know during the day, they operates as a kopitiam with a few stalls selling noodles??

All these while my parents have been following this particular claypot noodles stall as the stall moves around in the area for the past 10 years. I had always liked this stall's dry style claypot noodles as well as the soupy claypot yee meen. Their dry style is unlike the normal kon lou but more like errr Hokkien noodles kind of taste with loads of minced meat. I usually opt for sang meen (fresh noodles they used for pan meen) but the lou shue fun (rat tail noodles) is good as well. However, at times the aunty who prepares the noodles have her "off" days... sighhhh but usually they're good heh. Err can't recall the prices, should be around the region of RM3.50 - RM4.00. This pot belonged to my mother. My dad had something else and he dug in before I can snap a pic.

Dry Style Claypot Sang Meen (Fresh Noodles)

Recently (not very recent actually more like a few months back :p) there is a new stall opened selling seafood noodles and is giving them a bit of competition. My parents have tried the seafood noodles before and told me they are good and wayyyy muchhhh cheaper than Yu Ai in Segambut. So with less than half of what I usually paid in Yu Ai, I got this bowl of seafood noodles in clear broth. Only RM5.00!!!!

Seafood Noodles

YES... look at the amount of ingredients! Okay lah not as much ingredients as Yu Ai but quite substantial to me. The 3 medium sized prawns are fresh which is a good sign. Hidden underneath those brown cuttlefishes, clams and seaweeds are some fish slices (the only thing missing as compared with Yu Ai are mussels, anything else I've overlooked?) and of course the noodles which is kuey teow (flat rice noodles). The broth has this natural seafood taste, I doubt there is much MSG used. Don't remember if I down lots of water after this heh. I liked the kuey teow that they've used, it's those almost translucent, thin and slippery that slithers down the throat effortlessly. In my standard, it's a huge bowl of kuey teow coupled with the seafood, so much so that I can't even finish everything.

If you happened to be around Kepong during breakfast or lunch time, do check out the stalls at Fatty Sang.

Map and address over here.

Technorati Tags:

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh....Mesmerised by that bowl of seafood noodles...hh

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bowl looks smaller than Yu Ai's or is it optical illusion? Must admit I've not eaten at Yu Ai's for ages. Will give this a try one day when I'm in Kepong. Like the idea they add tomatoes in their soup, something Yu Ai does not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good for RM5 only.. is the tomato there bcoz the soup is the preserved vege and tomato kind? but kepong is sooo far....

    ReplyDelete
  4. everytime i see seafood i think of RM. I think she'll love the last bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. see also full huh tummythoz?

    boo_licious, this bowl is definitely smaller than Yu Ai and yes I did like the tomatoes in the broth.

    no joe, no preserved vege like fish head noodles. kepong far meh? klang lagi far kekeke

    LOL teckiee

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012