Thursday 2 August 2007

Stir Fried Ladies' Fingers With Sambal Belacan

To counter yesterday's bak (meat), here's a lazy people's version of stir fry vegetable. Grab a bottle of prepared sambal belacan paste from the market or super/hypermarket or in my case, my aunty made some for us. Sliced ladies' fingers or okra and red onions, set aside. I've also sliced a couple of kaffir lime (limau purut) leaves into very very thin strips. In a hot wok, pour in some oil and chuck in onions and kaffir lime leaves. Stir and add in the sambal belacan paste. Keep frying until fragrant. Dunk in ladies' fingers and mix in quickly. Give them a bit more stirring before dishing up. Fast, easy and simple vegetable dish in minutes - best for lazy people like myself!

Stir Fried Ladies' Fingers with Sambal Belacan


Technorati Tags: +

10 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying reading your blog . It's a good break for me in between what I'm doing.

    Lovely stir fry. I think that quick and simple meals can be just as nice as those slow cooked ones. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky. Homemade sambal belacan is always d best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...ur blog makes me hungry all the time oh...i am impressed... nice blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favourite dish in the zap fan stall..I tried to replicate the dish but how do you get rid of the sticky liquid from lady's finger? the gravy ended up sticky and glue-ish

    ReplyDelete
  5. i used to hate lady fingers one looo... eeekkk ... but eating too much of yong tu foo makes me ok with it

    ReplyDelete
  6. i enjoy this dish very much!!!! there was once i asked mom to take off da "bijih" and turned out really bad.. :( slimy and "lembik"! da best is still to attach da "bijih" together :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum yum yum...love this appetising dish very much. Errr...if not mistaken, need to boil it a while and drain with cold water to get rid of the sticky fluid, am i rite ar?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again Daphne

    tummythoz, totally agree

    cheauyee, thanks for coming by and do drop by often ok?

    kampungboycitygal & pea, actually this plate was done without blanching the ladies' fingers first. all i did was cook in high heat and quickly dish up. the other method like pea described was to blanched quickly in boiling water. must not cook to long else it became gluey.

    jackson, sticky gravy?? eeekkk

    haha teckiee, i guess ytf style not too slimy

    meiyen, any reason to remove the seeds? :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a lazy cook as well and I love simple recipe like this!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012