Monday 15 October 2007

Braised Pork Ribs With Deep Fried Beancurd Sheet

**Non-Halal**

Braised Pork Ribs with Foo Chuk

I have a pack of deep fried beancurd sheet (foo chuk) which I've gotten from the market for my steamboat but I've totally forgotten to use them during the party back then. I've chucked them in my fridge and wasn't sure what to do with them until much later. Decided to add them into my usual braised pork ribs dish.

My usual braised pork dish would have garlic, ginger, preserved soy bean and preserved black bean; all chopped up together. Sear pork ribs till lightly browned before adding the chopped ingredients. Fry them till very fragrant before adding water enough to cover the ribs. Bring to a boil and season with a bit of salt if needed and some sugar to balance out the saltiness of the fermented beans. Lower the heat down, put on the lid and simmer for about 30 minutes. Add in the deep fried foo chuk and cover; further simmering for about 15 - 20 minutes or till ribs are tender.

Dish up and serve with plain rice. The gravy is superb to go with the plain rice that even my boiboi loved it.

Technorati Tags: +

5 comments:

  1. I like the foo chuk more than meat... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really yummy!! Suddenly feel like cooking this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wmw, same here haha i took the foo chuk whilst the man took the meat :p

    LL, you cooking??? :p hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like foo chuk too! But of course here dun have foo chuk.. :( No tau cheong too. But got black bean sauce. Will be making something with that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kat, tak de??? so they dun eat beancurd too??

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012