Wednesday 14 May 2008

Steamed Tofu

Another quickie dish... homemade, simple, nutritious, healthy BUT yet tasted slurpilicious, brought to you by Babe in the City - KL haha... Please excuse the photo quality cos I was in a hurry to serve it hot.

Steamed Tofu


Steamed Tofu

Tofu based:
550 ml unsweetened soy bean milk
4 medium eggs or 3 AA (large) eggs which I've used instead, worked as well
pinch of salt
pinch of sugar

Topping:
2 tbsp fried shallots with oil (you don't need a lot of oil)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fried dried shrimp (which I've omitted since I can't find any in my fridge)
2 tbsp spring onions, chopped

Mix the tofu based ingredients and sieve into a deep heat proof dish. Put in a wok or steamer and steam for 7 minutes under medium heat.

Once done, remove from steamer and sprinkle the topping all over. Serve hot with rice.

My boiboi lurrveee this even though he refused initially and he told me he will only eat it after dinner as dessert cos it looked like tau foo far to him hahaha... Anyway we coaxed him to try some and he was hooked! Now he will ask me to cook this for him other than his fave potato dish.


Technorati Tags:

4 comments:

  1. Wow..!! awesome..!! thanks.. gonna try it out.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks very appetizing lah..and definitely much better than just plain steamed eggs. Going get me some unsweetened soya milk this weekend. Would you recommend any particular brand to get?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh this one you should be able to find the ingredients mamabok

    yozora, i bought the soy milk from the tau foo far stall :p not sure if they have unsweetened ones at supermarts

    yes mimi

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012