Friday 15 August 2008

Chocolate Mud Cake

chocolate mud cupcake


Did I tell you guys that my boiboi loves to read my cook books?? At times he will dictate tell me to make those stuff for him. Sometimes he will help me in the kitchen by reading to me the ingredients and amount needed. Well, I think its better this way rather than having him messing stirring up in the kitchen hahaha... Anyway, these cupcakes which graced the cover of 500 Cupcakes & Muffins caught the attention of my boiboi ever since I've gotten this book. I've promised him the longest time ever to make these and I finally did.

These cupcakes needless to say is soft with a gooey centre but mine did not flow out cos I've slightly overbaked them. They still tasted good nevertheless.

Chocolate Mud Cake

300g plain choc chips
300g unsalted butter
5 eggs
115g caster sugar
115g self-raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder for dusting

Preheat oven to 160C. Place 12 paper case in muffin tray.

In a medium bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, melt choc and butter together, stirring well. Leave to cool a little.

Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until pale and thick. Fold the flour into the egg mixture. Stir in melted choc and butter.

Spoon batter into paper cases and bake for 20 mins (my oven required less than this, so keep a watch over your oven).

The cupcakes will be soft and gooey in texture and appearance. Remove tin from oven and cool for 5 mins, then remove cupcakes and serve swiftly, dusted with cocoa powder.

Ref: 500 Cupcakes & Muffins, By Fergal Connolly book (published by PageOne Publishing)

chocolate mud cupcake centre


Technorati Tags: +

12 comments:

  1. oh wow. Your boi boi is so lucky! hehe. Did he help in making them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my...they look so moist and chocolatey! Haha...yummmm... :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little chocolate mud cakes! They look so rich and yummy! Can you be my mummy please? :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wanna be your boiboi too...and don't let my sous chef see this or he might wanna be your boiboi too lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I was doin blog hunting and found your Foodie Blog. First of all thks for sharing your recipe.

    Your blog make me Drool, while me searching for receipe 'wat to cook for the Day'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kewl, if u want an understudy u can always come cari me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is almost the same recipe as Nigella's brownie, without the walnut.

    And i just made a batch for the wife and daughter.

    You know what, i think doing it in the cup is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahh...looks really moist and chocolatey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wahhh... devilish choc... *drools* :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. not this one, daphne

    yes they were, superheroes

    missmall & rita, oh no hahaha not another kid *pengsan*

    thanks for coming by, my lil' monster

    bernsy, such easy thing no need to take in apprentice hahaha

    sckhoo, i've no idea cos i tried not to use nigella's recipe cos they hardly works

    yes pea, take down the recipe

    ;-) Will

    ReplyDelete
  11. her recipe doesn't work? no wonder the brownie i made is not as good as in the show.

    time to move on the 500 cup cakes and muffin recipe book.

    Thanx for the heads up

    ReplyDelete
  12. sckhoo, actually its a known fact :D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012