Friday 8 August 2008

Review: Restaurant 88

**Non-Halal**

On this auspicious day, I managed to dig thru my files and found these pics. It must have been fated that I didn't blogged about Restaurant 88 earlier LOL!!!

Hubby took me to this dai chau (big stir-fry) place in Sunway Mas one evening. He said it's one of the place they will go after their prayer sessions. He dictated the usual pai kuat (ribs) dish and I picked the Marmite version. A very lethal combo indeed... the tender ribs coated with a sweetish and sticky Marmite sauce.

88 - marmite pork ribs

Next, we have their signature tofu dish - choy hiong tau foo. It's basically deep fried homemade eggy tofu topped with a stir-fried mixture of minced pork meat, dried shrimps and choy poe (a type of preserved vegetables). I like this a lot as the stir-fried topping is very fragrant indeed and especially when the choy poe are crunchy!

88 - choy hiong tofu

We have the usual vege dish of fu yue yau mak (stir-fried romaine lettuce in fermented/preserved bean curd).

88 - foo yue yau mak

All the three dishes + 1 bowl of rice + 1 glass of chuk cheh sui (boiled sugar cane) and 1 coconut came up to RM30.30 for two of us. 88 Restaurant is a corner coffee shop, diagonally opposite My Kitchen.


88 Restaurant
Jalan PJU 1/38,
Sunway Mas Commercial Centre,
47301 Petaling Jaya


Technorati Tags:

7 comments:

  1. I love this type of tofu, crisp on outside, soft and tender inside. the choy pou and minced pork is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really missed these tofu alot..!! even back when i was in Asia.. they were a must.. in any meal outside.
    I can't get enough of these tofu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This "impossible to tell people where" amazing place is so full of eating shops ! with terribly confusing road system, but guess is a haven for gluttons tho we were so disappointed with the Ipoh Nga Choi Kai ( unoriginal original one ) then the Seremban Phd Std hakka mee and siew yoke all bloggers raved about ( except us ). One bsg setted up a tai chow here corner lot near the Seremban Guy 2 yrs ago but his cook was almost kidnapped by the shark so many stories tell you later
    LOL !

    ReplyDelete
  4. great food ! we love this place too.. cannot get enuf:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. j2kfm ;-)

    mamabok, can you make these yourself? just need to deep fry soft tofu but very messy when you fry them :p

    nkotb, this is one of my backlogs :D

    bsg, so exciting geh?

    cumi & ciki, ya ya seems to have lots of regulars on week days

    wmw, not too bad a place for dai chau food

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012