Wednesday 10 June 2009

Basil Omelette and Roasted Peppers Open Sandwich

Basil Omelette and Roasted Peppers Open Sandwich


With El Nino and haze looming over Kuala Lumpur, many times I just don't feel like doing anything but just veg out, cooking over hot stove is really out of the question!

I still have to feed myself eh... so I go for simplicity. A simple sandwich usually will do for me like this one. I bought a bunch of Thai basil from the market and was thinking of the ways of using them up. Usually I would boil a soup but I'm not drinking hot soup in such weather :p So what I did was plucked and cleaned some leaves; chucked them into a lightly beaten egg and made an omelette out of them.

I toasted a slice of my homemade multi-grain bread, butter it and place some tomato slices over. Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil and a light sprinkling of balsamic vinegar. Place the omelette on top and some left over roasted pepper (capsicum). More olive oil and balsamic vinegar, plus some freshly grated black pepper. Voila!!! Simple, fast and best of all no hovering over the stove for more than 2 minutes, YAY!





Technorati tags:

6 comments:

  1. tell me about it..the heat makes me sluggish. i agree with you.. the lighter the meal the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they say the heat kills the appetite... my question is, how come I'm still scoffing it like there's no sweaty tomorrow? :-P I love the look of this open faced sandwich... all my favourite ingredients in a single configuration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is certainly 1 quick and easy to prepare dish. looks yummy with full of carbs, proteins, vitamins and minerals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMMM looks good. I WANT SOME!!! One way I love using thai basil is adding them to tuna or sardine or any fish actually. for somethign quick - I add them to salad nicoise, tuna and sardine sandwich fillings! For a not so quick dish - throw them in assam pedas!

    I am trying to grow them. I saw a blogger growing them to arm size leaves in UK so I am jealouslah :P

    I don't know how hot it is in KL but it is sooo miserable here - please send me some sunshine and heat pronto!!! they promise us heatwave this summer but it is bloody juen and even the sun is not here!

    thing is the last time I went back, I keep complaining about the heat hahahahaha then padan muka the day we went back it was 3C! Pfffttt

    ReplyDelete
  5. CRAZY season of the year...HATE it...absolutely hate it!!

    No appetite to makan also; I like to keep it simple too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ;-) c&c

    550ml jar of faith, perhaps you have higher metabolism???

    cindy, easy peasy eh?

    darling lisa, it's very very very HOT in KL now and worse we're having haze again!!!!

    yalor Christy

    ReplyDelete

Blog Revamping

Hello... I'm in the midst of revamping my blog to make my life a little easier. So do not be alarmed as work is still under construction.

Cheers,
Babe_KL
16 Oct 2012